Saturday, July 27, 2013

Cernan on bho


Cernan on bho

Eugene Cernan, the last man to walk on the moon, said he doesn't think President Barack Obama "fully understands what traditional America is all about, because he didn't literally grow up here," and that he's not sure Obama "wants America to be first."

"I don't think he fully understands what traditional America is all about, because he didn't literally grow up here," the Apollo 17 commander told Fox News's Neil Cavuto. "I don't think that I could convince him why this is important. I don't know that he wants America to be first. I don't know that he doesn't want us to play on a more level playing field. I don't know that he doesn't care if Russia or China gets to the Moon and we're dragging tailbone."

Asked if he thinks Obama is listening to criticism of declining funding for space exploration, Cernan replied, "No, I don't. I don't think he understands what America and what the traditions have been, and what being the leader of the free world has meant to the people of this country. It goes downhill. We are what we are today and we have unique and special things that other countries don't have because of what we have been for the last 230-some odd years."

He added: "We could give billions of dollars away to rescue a car company and we never get half of it back, but we can't find a little money here and there to recreate the technology that [is needed] to challenge the future."




No comments:

Post a Comment